YOUTH FOOTBALL & CHEER
© 2010 BERKELEY COUGARS
DEDICATED TO SUPPORTING STUDENT ATHLETICS & YOUTH EDUCATION
We teach youth
athletes to be
We need your
We need help
funding or new
our program to
learn how kids
can apply and
how to help us
with funding for
We train young
athletes about quality fitness
on and off field.
Any Player, Cheerleader or Junior Coach (this does not include mascots & scouts) who maintains a grade point average of 3.0, out of a possible 4.00, and receives no citizenship marks below satisfactory, during the quarter he/she is participating in youth football and cheerleading, is eligible to apply for the Berkeley Cougar Youth Football & Cheer;
2010 Scholar Athlete Awards
A 3.50 G.P.A. is the equivalent to at least half of all grades being A’s while no more than half of all grades are B’s (No C’s, D’s or F’s). Where marks like outstanding, satisfactory or check marks are used, instead of letter grades, a letter must be submitted on school letterhead from the principal explaining the letter grade equivalent. Consideration is also given to candidates who attend schools where grades are computed on a norm higher than average schools. A letter from the principal is also needed with their package explaining the grading criteria. Any candidate selected to receive the Berkeley Cougars Youth Football & Cheer Scholar Athlete will receive a $50.00 to $500.00 Savings Bond and a Scholar Plaque. All applications must be postmarked by Monday, January 4, 2011. All applications packages must contain the following:
1. A complete copy of the Candidate’s first quarter report card.
2. A one page essay, in the candidate's handwriting, entitled: “Youth Football Influence on My Life” or “Cheerleading Influence on My Life”
3. A one page autobiography, in the candidate's handwriting, that should include his/her responsibilities around the home, hobbies, special talents, and participation in school, church, community and other activities outside of youth football and spiritleading.
4. A letter of recommendation from the candidate's counselor or teacher that clearly states that the candidate is a Top Honor Student. The letter should list the overall G.P.A. and should recommend the candidate for the BCYF Scholar Award. This letter must be written on school letterhead.(no copies)
5. The following information, in the candidates handwriting, must be submitted in a format of his/her design: Full Name, Age, Birth-date, Height, Weight, Place of Birth, Mailing Address, Phone Number, Grade, Team City, Team Name, Division, Positions Played, Number of Years in the organization, and finally the candidate’s signature.
6. A picture of the candidate in his/her uniform.
7. This material must be submitted in binder form, attached in (3) ring folder.(report folder with 3 metal prongs)
8. The candidate must be present at the awards ceremony to complete the requirements if he/she is chosen.
Failure to follow any of the above instructions will result in disqualification. All material submitted to Berkeley Cougars Youth Football Association, becomes the sole property of BCYF and will not be returned. NO Packages will be accepted any other way. If your package is postmarked after January 4, 2011 it will be returned to you un-opened. If you have any questions on this procedure, contact your city scholar athlete official. The Scholar Athlete Awards Ceremony will take place in March/April.